Sherwood Forest Campground
Welcome 2024 Campers! This page has the updated link to our new reservations’ platform. Please do not use any bookmarked links you may have from prior to January 1, 2024.
Make your reservation online today!
Reservations for Crawl 4 the Cure weekend (July 18-21) will be available when Crawl organizers open event registration.
Sherwood Forest Campground is located on Lake Ore-Be-Gone in Gilbert – Minnesota’s Off-Road Capital. We have direct trail access to the Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle State Recreation Area-Minnesota’s First OHV Park.
We are also located on the Mesabi Trail, Minnesota’s premier paved bike trail. And if scuba diving is your passion, Lake Ore-Be-Gone is a destination for you with some of the best clearwater diving in the Midwest.
Campground address: 301 Ore Be Gone Drive, Gilbert, MN 55741 Get Directions
Reservations can be made with our new online booking platform. The new platform allows our guests to book online 24-hours a day and more including:
- Placing individual reservations (more information and improved photos)
- Making reservations for multiple campsites
- Pre-paying for your campsite online
- Pre-ordering firewood with your reservation
- Making changes to or cancelling your reservation online
- Automated waitlists
If you are having difficulty with online booking or need further assistance, you may call for assistance at 218-748-2221 or by email at email@example.com.
Make your reservation online today!
We are a Good Sam Park. Please, advise when checking in, so we can update your reservation with the Good Sam discount. Your membership card will be verified when you check-in at the office.
Campground office hours (May 1-October 6) are:
- Sundays – Noon – 5 p.m.
- Monday through Wednesday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday through Saturday – 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
General Campground Rules
All guests will be required to sign our full campground rules during the reservation process (online) or upon check-in at the campground office. Below is a list of some of the policies we receive the most questions about:
- You must check-in at the office before going to your campsite. Check-in time is 1 p.m. and check-out is by 12 p.m. (noon) daily. Early check-in or late-check can now be requested for an additional $15 fee by calling or visiting the office: subject to availability.
- Quiet time is 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. No generators or off-road vehicles after 10 p.m.
- All reservations must have a valid credit or debit card on file. All campsites must be registered to the person listed on the credit or debit card on file.
- All reservations require the equivalent of one night campsite rental deposit at the time of booking.
- One RV and one tent OR two tents are allowed per site.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to 4 adults aged 16 and older per campsite.
- The speed limit in the park is 10 mph and will be strictly enforced. Roads are one-way at all times.
- Cancellations made 7 days (or more) prior to the booked arrival date, will be refunded minus a $10 cancelation fee, non-refundable reservation fee, and campground booking fee. Refunds will not be issued after the guest has checked in.
- Refunds will not be granted for reservations which are not cancelled in advance.
- We reserve the right to change your campsite. We will do our best to give you the site you have requested. Purchasing Site Lock protects your reservation against unforeseen situations that are outside of our control like damage to the campsite or safety concerns that cause the site to be closed. Site Lock is an optional purchase and provides a 25% discount on your stay if we need to involuntarily move you.
- No outside firewood! All firewood must be purchased from the campground store. We do not allow firewood that has been purchased off Sherwood Forest Campground property.
- Bringing unapproved wood onto campground property will result in a $25 charge per violation.
- Absolutely no washing off-road vehicles in the campground.
- All buildings are smoke-free.
- Pets must be leashed at all times when they are outdoors per Gilbert City ordinance. No more than 3 pets are permitted per campsite. Pets cannot be left unattended.
- No fireworks of any kind, including sparklers, are permitted.
- If you damage Sherwood Forest Campground property, you may be charged for the damage. Campsites are inspected by our staff after each guest departs.
- Failure to comply with campground rules will result in eviction without refund.
A complete list of campground rules, cancellation policies and fees are available via this PDF document 2024 Campground Policies – which was approved by the Gilbert City Council on November 28, 2023.
A copy of Gilbert City Ordinance 91.12 SHERWOOD FOREST RECREATION AREA is posted at the campground office.
Drone video from Iron Range Tourism of 2023’s Crawl 4 the Cure for Sherwood. Click here: 2023 Crawl 4 the Cure video